Monday 3 March 2008

Oh Monotony!

I keep getting emails from Berkeley about the senior class gift. The latest was entitled 'Now's Your Chance to Make the Honor Role'. Half me wants to marvel over the creativeness in luring the over-achiever Berkeleyan and the other half of me is revolting in disgust because they never fail to try to lure in money from anyone. I would like to point out that I am not actually a senior - I only have senior standing due to my high school AP scores. I will admit I was a little caught off guard when I read the heading and then realized who the sender was.

On another note, the St Andrews class schedule is beginning to get to me. Although I am taking the maximum credits, I still only have four hours of class a week and the same amount of work I would have for two Berkeley classes. I know it seems an irrational thing to complain about, not having enough work, but it means that everything becomes boring a lot faster. Here, people seem to waste a lot more time and party incessantly. I thought I would enjoy that, but after 3 weeks, I was broke and boozed out. When you go out Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and the occasional Wednesday, it feels like you don't really deserve the fun. Instead, class time has become the novelty.

I'm actually looking forward to writing a paper. Then again, I get to write about Alfred Hitchcock, something I've been itching to do for ages.

2 comments:

leens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leens said...

i can sympathize on both accounts--i need to inform SC that i did not graduate this past december; i have 15 hours of class but it feels like nothing is happening; going out 5 nights a week...i am ashamed of this lifestyle.
but really, you only have 4 hours and that's a max? damn.